The Best Microsoft Project Training Courses with Dale Howard Project MVP
Get Microsoft Project Training directly from “The Guy” that wrote the book, not read it.
Veteran or New to Microsoft Project Scheduling?
One of the most important skills in Project Management is learning to schedule in Microsoft Project. It helps with visually communicating the scope to your team, validating the ability to achieve the project with the resources you have and even helps you track the historical changes and impacts to your project.
If you weren’t aware of these features and capabilities in Microsoft Project then it might be the right time to get training for your project managers or even invest in your own training by taking the best Microsoft Project Training Courses.
Dale Howard has been a Microsoft Project MVP 20 years in a row, authored/coauthored 20+books and has taught 1000’s of students at all levels. Dale’s Microsoft Project Training courses can take you from zero to hero in no time at all! Here’s a few options for your training
What Type of Microsoft Project Training Courses Do You Need?
Hello there, esteemed Microsoft Project enthusiasts! It is with great pleasure that I introduce myself as Dale Howard Microsoft Project MVP, a seasoned veteran in the world of Microsoft Project. With a remarkable track record of being awarded the prestigious Microsoft Project MVP (Most Valuable Professional) title for an incredible 20 years in a row, I am humbled to share that I currently hold the distinguished position of being one of only 11 Project MVPs across the entire globe. To say that this achievement is exciting would be an understatement. It is a testament to my unwavering dedication, passion, and expertise in the Microsoft Project domain.
Why Should You Learn from Dale Howard Microsoft Project MVP?
Throughout my illustrious career, I have relentlessly pursued excellence, striving to be at the forefront of technological advancements and best practices in project management. Being a Microsoft Project MVP has endowed me with a wealth of knowledge and experience that I eagerly share with other users of this remarkable software. It has been my privilege to assist countless individuals and organizations in harnessing the full potential of Microsoft Project to effectively plan, execute, and monitor their projects. Through my extensive involvement in the Microsoft Project community, I have built a strong network of like-minded professionals, and together, we continuously strive to innovate and push the boundaries of project management excellence. As an MVP, I not only possess an in-depth understanding of Microsoft Project but also have access to exclusive resources, early product previews, and direct communication channels with the Microsoft Project development team. This unique advantage allows me to stay ahead of the curve, ensuring that I can provide the most up-to-date and relevant guidance to fellow Microsoft Project lovers.
Whether you are a seasoned project manager seeking to enhance your skills or a novice navigating the intricacies of project planning, I am here to assist you every step of the way. Through my articles, webinars, and training sessions, I aim to empower individuals and organizations to unlock the true potential of Microsoft Project, enabling them to achieve their project goals efficiently and effectively. Join me on this exhilarating journey as we delve into the realm of Microsoft Project, exploring its vast capabilities, uncovering hidden gems, and conquering the challenges that lie ahead. Together, we can transform the way projects are managed, revolutionizing the world of project management, one keystroke at a time. So, buckle up and prepare yourself for an unforgettable adventure in the fascinating universe of Microsoft Project.
Ask Questions on the Forums or Contact Me Directly
If you post a question about any of Microsoft’s PPM tools on the public message boards, look to see who the moderator or person that has answered the questions and you see, it’s frequently me answering your questions. Some people like to golf, I love Microsoft Project helping the community get to understand Microsoft Project much better.
Books I’ve Written on Amazon
I’ve been teaching students at all levels for over 20 years and have taught thousands of users around the world. I’ve written and co-authored 23 books on Microsoft Project, Project Online, and Project Server so if you’re like me and like to read over watching a video, you can Check Out My Books on Amazon.
- Managing Enterprise Projects Using Project Online and Microsoft Project Server
- Ultimate Study Guide for Microsoft Project 2019
- Proactive PPM with Microsoft Project 2016 for Project Online and Project Server
- The Ultimate Application Administrators Guide for Project Online
- What’s New Study Guide: Microsoft Project for Project Managers
- Ultimate Study Guide: Foundations Microsoft Project
- Ultimate Study Guide: Advanced Microsoft Project
- What’s New Microsoft Project 2013
- Managing Projects with Microsoft Project 2013
- Ultimate Study Guide: Foundations Microsoft Project 2010 for Project Managers
- Implementing and Administrating Microsoft Project Server 2010
- Managing Enterprise Projects Using Microsoft Project Server 2010
- Collaborating on Enterprise Projects Using Microsoft Project Server 2010
- Managing Enterprise Projects Using Microsoft Office Project Server 2007
- Administrating an Enterprise PMO Project Server 2003
Check Out My YouTube Channel
For the people that like to watch videos, check out my YouTube channel. If you post a question in the comments, I’ll be happy to answer questions or create a new video to answer your question.
See Other Questions I Answer on the Message Boards
If you’ve got a question about Microsoft Project, Project Online or Project Server, check out some of these community post areas.
Microsoft Tech Community
Reddit Project Online Community
LinkedIn Project and Planner Group
Here’s some other blogs and message boards that I answer questions on:
Which Microsoft Project Training Courses Do You Need?
Why My Microsoft Project Training Courses Stand Out?
In the world of Project Management, mastering tools like Microsoft Project is pivotal. But with a plethora of Microsoft Project Training Courses aka MS Project Training Courses available, what sets mine apart? Here’s why:
- Two Decades of MVP Recognition: Being honored as a Microsoft Project MVP for 20 consecutive years isn’t just a title I wear. It’s a testament to my deep expertise and unwavering dedication to the field.
- A Repository of Knowledge: With over 20 books to my name, my knowledge in Microsoft Project is vast and varied. Whether you’re an avid reader or a visual learner, I’ve got resources ranging from books to YouTube tutorials to cater to your learning style.
- Customized Training Solutions: I recognize that every organization has unique needs. That’s why I offer tailored Microsoft Project Training solutions, ensuring that every student extracts the maximum value from the course.
- Beyond Just Training: Sometimes, what you need goes beyond conventional training. My coaching and mentoring services are designed to provide guidance at every step, ensuring you’re equipped to tackle even the most complex project challenges.
- A Pillar in the Community: My active role in the Microsoft Project community is a testament to my commitment. I’m not just a trainer; I’m a mentor, guide, and a trusted expert for many.
- Endorsed by the Best: When top-tier organizations entrust their training needs to me, it’s a clear indicator of the quality and value I bring to the table.
In a nutshell, while there are numerous Microsoft Project Training Courses out there, my holistic approach, combined with years of experience and dedication, truly sets my offerings apart. If you still have doubts, check out my YouTube channel.
Check Out More About the Microsoft Project Training Courses Below
As a part of this course, each student will receive the following:
- Hands On Exercises workbook in PDF format
- Student sample files
This “hands on” self-paced eLearning course teaches the foundational knowledge required to effectively manage “process agnostic” enterprise projects using Microsoft Project with either Project Online or Microsoft Project Server. Our “keep it simple” training approach allows students to master the vital skills they need to effectively plan and manage an enterprise project using Microsoft’s PPM (Project Portfolio Management) tools.
This course is focused on the core needs of project managers, project schedulers, and project coordinators who use Microsoft Project with either Project Online or Microsoft Project Server to manage enterprise projects.
Each student must have a copy of one of the following installed on his/her PC:
- Project Online Professional for Office 365
- Microsoft Project 2016 or higher
Versions of Microsoft Project earlier than the 2016 version do not qualify for this course.
Best Instructor Ever!
Dale Howard has been a Microsoft Project MVP (Most Valuable Professional) for 20 years in a row and is currently one of only 26 Project MVPs in the entire world. If you post a question about any of Microsoft’s PPM tools on the public message boards, Dale is frequently the person who will answer your question.
Module 01: Microsoft Project Overview
- Working with the User Interface
- Understanding the Gantt Chart View
- Understanding the Microsoft Project Data Model
- Understanding and Using Views
- Understanding and Using Tables
- Understanding and Using Filters
- Understanding and Using Groups
- Project Navigation Tips
Module 02: Working with a New Project
- Creating a New Project
- Creating a New Project from a Template
- Creating a New Project from a Personal Template
- Working with the Standard Calendar
- Add Holidays to the Standard Calendar
- Create a Custom Calendar
- Copy Calendars to the Global.mpt File
- Defining a New Project
- Set the Project Start Date
- Enter Project Properties
- Display the Project Summary Task
- Set the Project and Nonworking Time Calendars
- Set Project Options
- Save the Project
Module 03: Task Planning
- Understanding Manually Scheduled vs. Auto Scheduled Tasks
- Creating the Task List
- Creating Summary Tasks
- Creating Milestone Tasks
- Entering Duration Estimates
- Specifying Task Dependencies – Overview
- Specifying Task Dependencies in a Real World Project
- Applying Task Constraints
- Applying Deadline Dates
- Applying a Task Calendar
- Using Cell Background Formatting to Highlight Tasks of Interest
Module 04: Resource Planning
- Understanding Project Resource Types
- Creating a Work Resource
- Creating a Generic Resource
- Editing a Work Resource
- Creating a Material Resource
- Creating Budget and Expense Cost Resources
Module 05: Assignment Planning
- Assigning Resources to Tasks: Best Practices
- Assigning Resources to Tasks Using the Task Entry View
- Assigning Resources to Tasks Using the Assign Resources Dialog
- Assigning Material Resources
- Assigning Budget Cost and Expense Cost Resources
Module 06: Completing the Project Schedule
- Performing a Quality Check on the Project Schedule
- Saving and Backing Up a Baseline for the Project
Topical Outline: Execution Training
Module 07: Capturing Task Progress
- Setting the Status Date for the Project
- Manually Entering Task Progress
Module 08: Working with Task Updates
- Rescheduling Incomplete Work from the Past
Module 09: Variance Analysis, Plan Revision, and Change Control
- Analyzing Project Variance
- Revising a Project Schedule
- Adding New Tasks to a Project through Change Control
- Updating the Project Baseline
Module 10: Project Reporting
- Creating a Timeline View
- Formatting the Timeline View
- Exporting the Timeline View to Another Application
- Viewing a Dashboard Report
- Editing a Table in a Dashboard Report
- Editing a Chart in a Dashboard Report